Google is changing their Local Business Center interface. For many of you, you will start thinking, YES! finally!
Actually I like the new interface and it definitely encourages people to add more data to their business listings. In the old tabbed model you were able to just finish after entering your business details and forget about all the tabs that were actually there. With the new system you get to see all the opportunities at a glance and business owners are more likely to be triggered to enter more of their business information.
I tried and tested the Local Business Center and so far I have come to the following :
- How do I correct my incorrect marker position after I’ve added the listing?
- Where is the bulk upload feature of images like requested here
- The maps overlay in the LBc doesn’t seem to be working in Safari (for windows, or is my system just buggin? )
- Why is this still not available in Europe ??? (including the free category selection!)
- While using this interface I wasn’t asked to re-enter my PIN for my listings, maybe this is because I use bulk-upload instead of manual verification?
Also while trying to delete a listing I was presented with the following screen, which I’m a bit puzzled about, because will Google Maps remove your listings and those from trusted sources if you want them to? What about
“To geographically organize the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
Or is this the useful part?
Also, I must note that I really like the ‘verified local submitter’ idea in a comment from AmhedF back at Mike’s blog. Especially for agencies or people monitoring large accounts, it’s unbearable and a real pain having to re-verify and re-enter those PIN’s for all of your listings. There should be a better and more efficient way to fight map spam.
Update: Seems like they are having some problems using bulk-uploads in the new interface. In the meanwhile, people in desperate need of getting their business listings online use the bulk upload feature can use the work around I mentioned at Mike’s post about this at his blog:
“change the &gl parameter and/or domain to a european one, you can keep the hl in your prefered languageÃ¢â‚¬Å“