This years SMX Advanced London brings you a Local Search session, if you are attending- join! Still in doubt? register now because Whatâ€™s New In Local & Mobile will be the session you willnot want to miss on day 2 of the conference. David Mihm of getlisted.org (no need for introduction?),Â Philippe Huysmans (Director, EMEA […]
Just wanted to drop a quick note that I will be speaking at the first Tableau European Customer Conference, held in Amsterdam. I will not be talking Local Search during my presentation, instead I will be focussing on how Web Analytics data needs to be made understandable, at Onetomarket, we use Tableau Software to aid […]
As a Web Analytics consultant working for various clients like Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, Dutch Government and others I encounter the use of Web Analytics tool Sitestat (Nedstat, now a comScore company) a lot. Sitestat is a really cool web analytics package which allows you to use un-aggregated data at all times. no need to set […]
This year has brought me severalÂ occasionsÂ where I could speak either about Local Search & Web Analytics, both nationally at the Search Marketing Insights, held in Amsterdam, Â as well as the SMX Advanced in London (presentation available here). This september (28th & 29th) the SMX will also be held in Stockholm. This year I will be […]
For the third year in a row, David Mihm has published the Local Search Ranking Factors. The LSRF 2010 consists of 32 local search enthusiasts their opinion (including me!) on how to rank well in the search engines. It is a definite must read for everyone interested in Local Search. It is also incredible to […]
Historypin is some sort of timetravel device. You can now look up historical imagery inside a Google Maps interface using historypin. I think its cool to see how your town looked like in the old days, maybe before you were even born. See those old horse trams riding down the streets before Prius’ were dominating […]
On May 4th,Â The State of Search Podcast #09 was all about Local Search. The podcast is a Local Search 101. I recommend it to all my readers that are quite new to the Local Search space. Together with Roy Huiskes and Arjan Snaterse I discuss Local Search, including service areas, linkbuilding, citation sources and analytics […]
Hi all, For those of you who weren’t in the opportunity to see my presentation at SMX Advanced London. here it is! View more presentations from Martijn Beijk. Feel free to embed it on your blog. If you have any questions – just ask them via the comment form and I’ll be more than happy […]
Insight in your Local and mobile traffic, that is what the ‘Art of Measuring Local and Mobile Search Results‘ session at the upcoming SMX Advanced London is all about. I am happy to announce that I will be speaking at this session at SMX Advanced London with the likes of other local search enthusiasts. It […]
breaking news via SEL that the Google Local Business Center is now displaying a new tab called Ã¢â‚¬Å“Service Areas and Location Settings.Ã¢â‚¬Â This means that Google has finally listened and implemented one of the most requested feature for Google Maps. Finally service area’s and workers from home features appear to be a reality after they […]
I'm Martijn Beijk, Digital Analytix Consultant with comScore. In my sparetime I specialize in Local Search.
My enthusiasm lays in Local & Mobile, including location-based services, context-awareness, semantic web and things as such.
Want to get in touch or hire me? contact me by mail or at Twitter: @martijnbeijk
- Reviews and ratings for your business with Google Maps Mobile July 17, 2008
- The definitive guide on using KML for SEO July 25, 2008
- Google Maps embedded in ATM Machine November 14, 2008
- Updates on Google Local Business Center – What would you like to see? June 10, 2008
- Geositemap generator website launched! December 2, 2009
- Local Search at SMX Advanced London 2011 May 9, 2011
- Speaking at Tableau EU Customer Conference Amsterdam May 9, 2011
- Introducing Sitestat Countername Detector November 26, 2010
- Conversion Optimization at SMX Stockholm 2010 September 21, 2010
- Local Search Ranking Factors 2010 June 8, 2010
- how to use your mind power: I am really loving the theme/design of your blog. ...
- www.linkedin.com: It shows your customer how they will save money, g...
- zavodpm.ru: That is a good tip particularly to those new to th...
- canon eos rebel t3i bundle: With havin so much written content do you ever r...
- yahoo: Wow, fantastic weblog format! How lengthy have you...
Follow @martijnbeijk on Twitter